Monday, April 11, 2011

3-D Orb Logo

Designs We've Seen (a lot) Series: 04/11/11
3-D Orb Logo

As the Designs We've Seen (a lot) Series kicks off, I want to reiterate my intentions. This is purely for fun, and not to belittle any designer's creativity. Most designs and marketing campaigns do come from influences, trends and history. Today's DWSal is one I've used for a couple clients. I'll be posting weekdays at 1:00pm.

The first this week is the trendy 3-D orb logo and icon. For a while designs like this were merely buttons on web pages, but they have taken off in other places in design. They represent a modern, dimensional, high-tech appeal. After all, we do live in a world of futuristic, shiny, sleek gadgets, so why shouldn't our logos/icons be the same? They often do look pretty, but I don't know if I'm completely sold; maybe I'm just old school.

No comments:

Post a Comment