Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Student Wine Bottles

Designs We've Seen (a lot) 05/04/11
Wine Bottles


I look at a lot of design portfolios for inspiration. One of the projects/designs I come across consistently is the creation of a wine bottle brand/label. I'm sure most of the presented works are from a school project and not an actual design job. I created a wine bottle when I was in school. I vaguely remember it, but it was crap. I believe the only actual wine company I have done some design for is Valley Vineyards, but not the bottle.

So, I started a rough sketch of this sketchpad wine bottle. Grid paper label, a hokey giant eraser cork with aluminum foil wrap, and a pencil with the words "the sketchpad" encased in a plastic tube attached to the side. My hope would be for people to pick up the wine bottle and possibly write additions to their shopping list/reminders on the blank grid paper. If they decide to put the wine bottle back, their marks would be part of the design. If they steal the pencil they still have a reminder it was from the sketchpad.

I'd give myself a C- for something I whipped up in 30 minutes, so I'm passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment