Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Netflix Price Increase

NETFLIX = NET PROFIT logo - wdsiemer ii
Netflix Price Increase

Rabble, rabble, rabble...

Nobody likes price increases. Gas prices keep taking a hike. Cell phone bills are outrageous. Restaurants increase the prices on their menu. It seems my DirecTV bill has continually grown more expensive, and I get less of the channels I'd prefer to watch. Etc. Etc. Et Cetera.

Really in the scheme of things, Netflix raising prices of their all-inclusive DVD and streaming service from $9.99 to $7.99+7.99 isn't all that bad considering I used to pay over $5 for a few day rental from BLOCKBUSTER years ago.

As a customer, I'm not happy considering I am not getting more streaming movie options, but I understand their move from a business perspective. If another company has better prices for the services Netflix offers then maybe that company will do to Netflix what it did to BLOCKBUSTER. However, the reality is Netflix has a fairly good grasp on the market for the time-being.

I'll probably cancel my service just because I rarely use Netflix. I think I have had the same DVD out for 6 months now, and I don't stream enough to justify the price hike. However, true movie lovers shouldn't have anything to complain about. Whatever, whatever.

Some Netflix customers threaten to quit over price increases

-Netflix
-Blockbuster Online
-Hulu Plus
-Amazon Instant Video
-Apple iTunes
-HBO Go
-More

No comments:

Post a Comment