Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Still Life

Sheet Still Life
Designs We've Seen (a lot) Series

Another from the vault. I was looking at a bunch of old fine art, and it seems every project is some still life setup consisting of sheets, vegetables and pottery. I guess I have to mention nude models.

It's a great way to sharpen your skills, but it's the same old that every student does. There is nothing to sset you apart from the person sitting next to you (well, except skill). Now that I have a choice, I'd much rather create abstract scenes that exist in my imagination.

Looking back at some of these makes me feel a little embarrassed, and grounded. They are pretty awful by artistic standards. It's amazing to think I was pleased enough at the time to turn in some of these works, but looking at them years later to think they are crap.

Can't say I miss drawing sheets. wdsiemer ii

No comments:

Post a Comment